Dark Dimensions Media Applications will open on March 23, 2020 at 12 PM ET
- Photo passes grant photography access for stills to all panels (barring Guest Star panels, permission must be asked of Guest Stars prior to their panels to take photos), all activities, all events.
- Photographers MUST ask permission to photograph individual attendees and cosplayers as well as cosplay groups before taking their photo(s).
- Dark Dimensions staff and volunteer staff understand that permission is granted by their agreement to work and/or volunteer for Dark Dimensions, however attendees have the right to refuse photos when asked as do Guest Stars. If it is brought to the attention of Dark Dimensions staff that photos have been taken of individual attendees, be they in cosplay or not, without consent, security will detain the photographer until the convention chair, Michael Meade, can inspect their photos. If the accusation is found to be correct, photography privileges will be revoked for the remainder of the convention. Dark Dimensions takes the
cosplay =/= consent issue very seriously, as does our sibling con SaikouCon Anime Convention and will enforce the above rules to the letter. If inappropriate photos, including photos of a sexual or harrassing nature, are taken of Dark Dimensions attendees and/or Guest Stars, the photographer will be permanently banned from Dark Dimensions and may face legal ramifications.
- Media approval and denial notices will be sent out within 24-72 hours of the closing of the Press Application time period.
- Talent interviews must be arranged at least 3 weeks prior to Dark Dimensions 2020 (in most cases) with the talent set to appear as speaking/signing Guests at Dark Dimensions 2020 themselves or through their representation. Dark Dimensions is typically not allowed to act as an intermediary for members of the press to interview any of the convention's guest roster, interviews and media oppportunities must be arranged through the proper representation of our Guest Stars.
- Should interviews be denied by talent representation, Dark Dimensions asks that media outlets accept the denial graciously and professionally. Do not badger or hound after appearing talent for interviews regardless of what their representation has stated. This will result in expulsion of your reporters and/or photographers from Dark Dimensions with reporters and/or photographers banned from the convention and possible black listing of your media outlet at future Dark Dimensions events.
- The above rule holds for attendees of the convention as well should reporters seek interviews with Dark Dimensions attendees.