Dark Dimensions 2020 Panel Submissions Now OPEN!
Panel Submissions open from 1/11/2020 at 12 PM ET until 7/3/2020 at 12 AM ET
We realize that most seasoned horror convention attendees may not be used to panels en masse at the conventions they frequent, we at Dark Dimensions wish to up the ante in panel programming at our show, making the experience a deeper one for our attendees. So, we are attempting what we pull off with our sibling con, SaikouCon, and pack Dark Dimensions with up to 70 hours of programming over our weekend. Of course we will still feature merchants, guest stars offering autographs and photo ops, screenings of classic horror and sci-fi films, and much more. That all starts here with your panel submissions, let's make a hell of a bloody good con together!
Before submitting your panel(s), please review these guidelines, rules, and regulations for paneling at Dark Dimensions:
- Accepted Panelists receive complimentary General Admission Tickets, up to four, to not only present your panel(s) at Dark Dimensions, but also enjoy all three days of the convention. Panelist Tickets confer the same unlimited access to Dark Dimensions 2020 panels, events, activities, concerts, the Merchant Hall etc. that regular 3 Day General Admission Tickets give non-presenter attendees.
- It is the responsibility of chosen Panelists to be available and present at their appointed time to present their panel, failure to do so may result in future denial of submitted Panels. We understand last minute emergencies happen, but if you are unable to make the convention, please get in touch with the con staff by contacting the con chair at firstname.lastname@example.org, through Facebook at www.facebook.com/DarkDimensionsCon, and www.instagram.com/darkdimensionshorrorcon; if the convention has already begun, Facebook and Instagram will be the best ways to reach out to con staff to let them know you will not be making your presentation.
- We provide two wired mics per panel room, one amp per panel room, one Flatscreen TV per room for power points and other types of video presentations, and HDMI hook ups. You must provide your own laptops and/or tablets for your presentation as well as any flash drives, CD players/stereos, MP3 Players/iPods, and/or 100% specialized, just for your needs equipment (i.e. voice modulation devices, timers/alarms, backdrops, dividers, special lighting, prizing for games and so forth).
- We will be accepting a few panels for a Panel waitlist. Panelists put on this waitlist will still receive their requested complimentary tickets to attend and enjoy Dark Dimensions, but will be asked to be available at the show, prepared and ready to present their panel(s) should there be any no show panelists.
- Dark Dimensions does not currently offer ticket reimbursement to accepted panelists, but if you purchase a ticket before receiving notice that your panel(s) have been accepted or not for this year, they are transferrable until 30 days before Dark Dimensions 2020. If you find you need to transfer a purchased ticket, please email the con chair at email@example.com and let him know, and give the name of the person the badge will be transferred to so the convention's pre-registration records may be updated so there is no delay for the person your ticket has been transferred to when they are picking up their ticket at Pre-Reg Pick Up.
- Hate speech (including enthic slurs, racial slurs, religious slurs, sexual bias, homophobia, transphobia, et. al.) will not be tolerated. Your panel will immediately be shut down if hate speech of any kind is featured in your panel, if hate speech is reported to SaikouCon staff following the end of your panel, your badges will be confiscated and you will banned from paneling at future Dark Dimensions events.
- You are required to fill out the section of the submission form for Trigger Warnings whether you are submitting an all ages or age restricted panel or panels. Many things can trigger emotional and mental distress in your audience, for the mental health of those in attendance we ask for trigger warnings if you know for certain you are presenting material that may upset your audience so we may post these warning in advance in our Panel Schedule listings here on the Panels page, on our Facebook Event pages for the panels included in our 2020 programming, and in any printed guide materials given out at the convention itself. We understand this can be difficult given the subject matter at a horror convention, but we ask you comply with this so everyone is comfortable and enjoys your presentation and so you may present your panel in optimal fashion.
- Please note that while in character panels are loved and welcome, we tend to give them a slightly lower rate of acceptance than other types of panels at Dark Dimensions, especially when we receive several submissions from the same fandom that are the same type of presentation. As we remind yearly at SaikouCon, in 2014 we were inundated with close to a hundred panel submissions that were nearly identical in-character dating games and Q&As from only two anime fandoms, while these panels are fun and beloved by both attendees and ourselves, the con staff, we simply cannot make an entire weekend of programming around nearly identical panels regardless of the overall genre the convention is celebrating.
- Be original! Be unique! Be something you yourself haven't seen at a convention, we at Dark Dimensions aim to have new and unique programming every year, with some recurring attendee favorites in the mix too of course, so we can give every year the wonder and excitement of your first con experience!